What is the Cengage Learning Returns Policy?
The Returns Policy for online orders is the same as the general Cengage Learning Returns Policy, and includes the following guidelines:
- Returns are allowed for products bought directly from Cengage USA. Product purchased fro overseas and returned to the Cengage Distribution Center will be refused back to the customer and no credit will be issued.
- Returns must be shipped prepaid by traceable means and be accompanied by one packing list per carton indicating quantity and titles returned.
- Returns must reference the original invoice numbers for titles included. If you wish to return materials but do not have a copy of the original invoice, you should request permission from Customer Service.
- Returns must be in saleable condition. All software and CD-ROMs must be returned to Cengage Learning with the original envelope seal or package seal unbroken and intact. Custom-published titles carry a returns limit of 20% of the quantity ordered and must be returned within 12 months of the invoice date. All Bundles must be in their original unbroken shrink-wrap.
- Returns must be packed in cartons of at least 257 lbs. test for larger boxes and 200 lbs. test for smaller (similar to Cengage Learning's shipping standards). Product must be packed with sufficient and appropriate packing material.
- Returns of superseded titles must be received within 120 days of publication of the new edition. The Last Date to Return the superseded titles can be found on the Upcoming Editions page. This page is updated weekly.
- Returns of Out of Print titles must be received within 120 days of notification. The Last Date to Return the Out of Print titles can be found on the page. This page is updated every month.
- Refused return product will be shipped at the applicable carrier cost based on weight and destination of the refused product.
- The returns policy timeframe is 12 months from the invoice date.
- Counterfeit product is ineligible for return credit. Product returned to Cengage and found to be counterfeit will be destroyed.